4-H Youth Development
The 4-H year begins October 1 and ends September 30 of the following year.
- Members live in towns, in the country, and on farms. 4-H is open to all youth regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Kansas 4-H Youth Development has a policy for open enrollment. Eligible youth may enroll in Kansas 4-H Youth Development programs at any time of the year.
- Youth wanting to join must be 7 years old and not older than 18 prior to January 1 of the current year in order to be eligible for 4-H. 4-H members who are selected as winners in late summer or fall, and who turn 19 before January 1, cannot compete in state or national contests, awards, or recognition programs.
- Youth ages 5—6 years old prior to January 1 of the current 4-H year are eligible to participate in the Cloverbuds project which is offered through the 4-H clubs. Cloverbuds members are encouraged to attend Cloverbuds county-wide project meetings. (See Cloverbuds Section for policies.)
- Some of your questions may be answered in Frequently Asked Questions
4-H & Youth Development Newsletters by Karen Nelson
We would love to have you as a Volunteer Project Leader! Do you have a knowledge you could share with youth? If you would like to be a 4-H Volunteer Project Leader in your county, complete a VIP Leader Application, then contact your local extension office. Project Leaders may have from 1 to many meetings to help instruct members.
If you are a returning project leader, click here for your renewal application and visit your extension office.
Click Picture for larger view
January 2019 Open to All community!
Jan 13, 2019 - 4-H with KSU women's BB - Flyer Register by Dec 20 Link is on Dec 20 & Jan 13 Calendar Date - Click the Website Link