4-H Youth Development
- Members live in towns, in the country, and on farms. 4-H is open to all youth regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Kansas 4-H Youth Development has a policy for open enrollment. Eligible youth may enroll in Kansas 4-H Youth Development programs at any time of the year.
- Youth wanting to join must be 7 years old and not older than 18 prior to January 1 of the current year in order to be eligible for 4-H. 4-H members who are selected as winners in late summer or fall, and who turn 19 before January 1, cannot compete in state or national contests, awards, or recognition programs.
- Youth ages 5—6 years old prior to January 1 of the current 4-H year are eligible to participate in the Cloverbuds project which is offered through the 4-H clubs. Cloverbuds members are encouraged to attend Cloverbuds county-wide project meetings. (See Cloverbuds Section for policies.)
- Some of your questions may be answered in Frequently Asked Questions
We would love to have you as a Volunteer Project Leader! Do you have a knowledge you could share with youth? If you would like to be a 4-H Volunteer Project Leader in your county, contact your local extension office. Project Leaders may have from 1 to many meetings to help instruct members.
(Note) If these do not open properly in your browser, use Google Chrome browser.
Start Snapping! Take part in the Sunflower District 4-H Photo Challenge
This week - take a photo of your favorite animal. Be as creative as you want to be! You do not need to be enrolled in this project to participate.
Want to learn more about taking photos of animals? Check out these websites ...
· https://www.nikonevents.com/us/live/nikon-school-online/ (Fundamentals of Photography and others - you have to create an account - courses are free because of COVID-19)
4-H Connected Families and Alumni:
· Each Friday through May 22 we will give you a new photo challenge topic.
· Take pictures and send your best ONE to email@example.com with your name and county and designate youth or adult division.
· You have until Thursday at 12:00 PM (CT) to submit photos.
· On Friday morning contestant photos will be uploaded to albums and posted on all 3 county 4-H Facebook pages.
· Vote for your favorite photo by liking it on any of the 3 FB pages.
· Voting closes on Monday morning at 9 AM (CT) and the 2 photos with the most votes will be announced
Click Images for larger view
June 22 - July 10 - Each Mon, Weds, Friday by ZOOM
$30/sign up by June 8th for materials Registration Here
JUNE 15-19 Rise Up and Bake Virtual Camp Sign Up